Bangkok is ready to move into the second phase of the nationwide coronavirus lockdown easing.
In a press conference on Saturday, May 11, 2020, Police Captain Pongsakorn Kwanmuang, a spokesman for the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), announced that the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) had eased restrictions on 10 business industry groups.
Businesses that are allowed to open
- Shopping malls and centers, restaurants, and beverage shops.
- Other shops at malls (except movie theaters, game shops, bowling alleys, educational training and classes, and amulet shops.
- Hotels, meeting rooms, and conference centers may hold meetings up to 50 people.
- Standalone fitness centers, such as yoga studios, may reopen.
- Beauty shops, clinics, and nail salons can offer all services, with few exceptions
- Standalone indoors exercise, including gyms and sports such as badminton, racquetball, fencing and climbing.
- Public swimming pools inside and outside condominiums. No swimming lessons.
- Botanical gardens, flower gardens, libraries and fine arts centers, with restrictions.
- Off-premises media film shooting teams, but must adhere to social distancing policy.
- Day-care nursing homes for the elderly.
According to Police Captain Pongsakorn, all business operators must adhere to CCSA guidelines regarding measure and social distancing policies. All establishments will be held accountable for there actions or inactions.
Additional police will be deployed to monitor the situation.